Monday, March 31, 2008

cirque du muss


Dazzled by his recent acquaintance with the vast retail vistas of the Internet (in this case, free shipping both ways), Ben recently ordered nine pairs of shoes from Zappos.

I'll leave that there for a few lines to sink in with any of you who knew Ben five years ago.

When the order arrived, we both ran down the driveway, ironically barefoot, to pick it up from our mail carrier's Subaru. As we turned back toward the house, Ben held up the box and exclaimed, "My clown shoes!"


It tickled me so, I had to take a pic, and that takes a lot.

Ben would probably want me to mention that he only intended to keep one pair and the giant order was for trying-on purposes. Of course, none of them fit his Hobbit feet and he had to send them all back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The joy on his face is heartwarming.