Monday, July 24, 2006

casting call


Dear Friends,

There's no denying that we're getting older. It's never too early to think about the future. So, I'm throwing this out there: Who wants to be one of my Golden Girls?

We'll have a tastefully decorated house that's just a little over-the-top. We'll dress in 2030's version of flowing caftans, coral lipstick, and filmy blazers with whimsical brooches. We'll always look dignified, even when we gather around the kitchen table to eat cheesecake late at night when one of us can't sleep because we've gotten ourselves into a pickle.

Of course, participation requires that you be either widowed, divorced, or a lifelong spinster. But this is the postmodern version, so maybe we could work something out where any husbands live together in a house across town.

If interested, please respond with a brief description of your qualifications and what you would add to the house. I'll be out on the lanai having a mai tai.

P.S. I'm serious.

6 comments:

missymussy said...

I just assumed that I'd be Dodo, since I'll be the retired English teacher. However, I will substantially revise her role. There's a lotta Rose in me and some Blanche too. Heh heh.

missymussy said...

ps-Gay men are also allowed to be Golden Girls.

Ben said...

if one tickles missy mussy while she's eating a brownie she will yell,
"STOP IT! You're messing with my taste receptors!"
too much.
BWA HAHA!

missymussy said...

I hadn't thought about that (the front-row seat to life) in so long! Brilliant!

As for the mom, I don't know. Who's the sassiest?

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty damn sassy, right?

Anonymous said...

Oops, that was me--can't remember my password...

I've always had a hankering to be La Devereaux...

Robyn