Tuesday, September 06, 2011

baby's first manic sugar fit



Today was my glucose challenge test for gestational diabetes. I had to fast overnight and then drink a bottle of icky, dextrose-laden "fruit punch" before getting my blood drawn. When I got home, I flopped down to watch some Good Morning America, and the baby was kicking like she's never kicked before. She was going crazy in there, flipping around every which way, fluttering her feet, doing kick-ball-changes or the Charleston. I could actually see my belly rippling. I then fell asleep for 2 1/2 hours.


Wonder how much sugar was actually in that stuff?!


Anyway, in case I do end up diagnosed with the 'betes, I'm living it up now with some brownies and iced coffee. Probably not the best snack after having more sugar than anyone needs in a day, but what the hell. I'm dutifully avoiding soft cheeses, runny eggs, lunch meat, soft serve, alcohol, sleeping on my back, cleaning products, standing in front of the microwave, drinking from plastic cups, and teeth whitening toothpaste. A girl's gotta have some pleasure in life!

No comments: