Tuesday, October 14, 2008



As I flipped from Extra! to Inside Edition to Entertainment Tonight, trying in vain to find ONE gossip show that doesn't embarrass itself with attempts at serious election "news," I couldn't help but wonder: How many of the Hollywood for Obama folks are actually going to vote? I mean, are there polling places in Santa Monica with spa-like facilities and buttery leather chairs for people to wait in? Are there private voting booths that have been swept for hidden cameras and equipped with sparkling water?
Is there a special parking area where Mercedes (Mercedeses?) and special edition Priuses are guaranteed to be safe from the dings and indignity of sharing space with our '96 Corollas? Is there any end to my class resentment lately?

Nyuk, nyuk.

But I really do wonder. Of course, there's always absentee voting, but I have even more trouble picturing Justin Timberlake or Angelina Jolie opening and sending mail. John Cusack--sure. I guess we'll know for sure when US Weekly does its November 4 spread on Celebs: They're Just Like You and Me!

2 comments:

Dennis R. Plummer said...

Thinking of you...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Shane-Victorino-s-abiding-love-for-Spam-dish-ang?urn=mlb,115113

-Dennis

Ben said...

Well the Phillies won the world series, so PETA can take a walk.