Thursday, May 18, 2006

this is how a blog dies


Hmm. I was going to write a bulleted list of various reasons that blogs either lose readers or the interest of their authors. But there's pretty much just one reason: that. The two reasons are one and the same. And there's one reason that I don't write much: I spend my time thinking about things like that.

So. News: Ben is at the brewpub, supposedly working. Pfft. There are 11 and a half days left of school. Only last week did I learn the secret to easy teaching: grammar. Not just grammar, but Xeroxed-from-a-workbook grammar, with the verb tenses and the Anglo-centric sentences. And the kids are actually listening to me! What the?

I guess this probably wouldn't fly for an entire year. But it's pretty fly right now to be able to read over a worksheet five minutes before class, acquaint myself with the future perfect tense (I honestly didn't know what it was before yesterday), come up with a few funny (or so I think) examples to put on the board, and spend a class period feeling like I'm teaching something. Kids like structure. I must remember this for next year, if there is a next year.



1 comment:

Dennis R. Plummer said...

I just figured you were plotting to earn the title of "The True Lost Hawaiian" and were going to take over that other person's blog.