Thursday, August 09, 2012

argggghhhhhhh

I got the "welcome packet" for OT school, and it is full of errands of the type that in another life, I would have plowed through in a day after three cups of coffee, and followed up with three glasses of Chardonnay. The tasks include: an 8-hour HIV/AIDS training, a 4-hour HIPAA training, a labyrinthine immunization record that will likely require faxes to my 19 former doctors followed by multiple injections, ordering about $1000 worth of books, and a million other forms to print out, sign, and hand-deliver to campus in Seattle.

What is most panic-inducing: realizing that however onerous this list of tasks may seem (and believe me, just the printing part is onerous enough!), it is a drop in the bucket compared to what my life will be like once school starts and Gracie is in full-time day care, waking up every hour again due to the trauma. What have I gotten myself into?

No comments: