Thursday, October 20, 2011

class clowns

Ben's notes from our childbirth class:



  • early labor = mac and cheese for Jill (after our instructor suggested using the time before heading to the hospital to eat something light, since I won't be able to eat once I'm admitted)
  • have her sing along to Rent (I think the class was going over ambience as a relaxation technique; I know this makes me a boring person, but I don't give a crap about having a custom-made i-pod playlist, dim lights, or aromatherapy, especially since there's an 80 percent chance I won't be able to smell anything that day anyway)
  • push present = new broom (I have no idea what prompted this one)
  • Do we get a discount if Ben catches baby and/or cuts cord? (We both agree that no one but the medical staff needs to be anywhere near the business end of labor)
  • During transition, remind Jill she'll get margaritas soon (This is my favorite!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We made a custom ipod playlist called "relax". I brought the ipod (with the same playlist) both labors, and both times demanded that it be turned off after about thirty seconds.--EOS